With the start of the 2011 Masters Tournament today, DirecTV’s coverage officially kicks into full swing.
Leading up to today, DirecTV ran the 2010 Official Masters film and 2011 Masters Preview show on The 101 Network. Starting later this afternoon, you can watch all the action from Augusta National on channels 701-707, which combines ESPN’s and CBS Sports’ live coverage.
Below is a list of new features for this year:
- The Masters Mix Channel – sports a new design and fresh graphics, and has two more channels that will offer fans six views of the Tournament: the main ESPN/CBS feed; two featured group channels; Amen Corner; holes 15 and 16; and “Masters in Depth,” along with a continuously running leader board featuring live tee times, scoring and leaders’ locations on the course.
- Additional Featured Group Channel – lets viewers “walk the course” each day with more of the world’s best golfers as they vie for the coveted green jacket. Every extra channel of coverage will be fully produced with its own announcers.
- Masters In-depth Channel – enhanced this year with a live broadcast featuring exclusive interviews with players, live updates of rounds in progress and press room cut-ins.
- Expanded coverage – DIRECTV and ESPN viewers will receive a bonus hour of coverage on Thursday and Friday.
- Player stats – available on demand and shows how each player is performing against the course and the field, including greens hit in regulation, driving distance and putting average.
- Bret Baier Pays Tribute to Former 'Special Report' Intern, Professional Soccer Player
- Here's a Sure Sign of Spring: MLB Network Announces Spring Training Schedule
- Thomas Roberts: If NFL Can Overlook Alleged Murderers, Why Not 'Nice, Clean-Cut Gay Guy'
- CBS Lands NFL Thursday Night Games for 2014 Season