Behind the strength of Monday Night Football, ESPN won the monthly ratings race for basic cable networks during the month of October.
The network averaged 3.7 million viewers between Sept. 27 to Oct. 31 according to a Disney-ABC Television Group analysis of Nielsen data.
TBS finished second with 3.2 million viewers and USA was third with 3 million. All three networks lost viewers compared to last year’s numbers.Below are the top 10 most watched basic cable network shows in October:
Most Watched Basic Cable Network Shows In October*
1. 10/25 Â NFL MNF – Giants/Cowboys Â ESPN Â 17.9 million
2. 9/27 Â NFL MNF – Packers/Bears ESPNÂ 17.4 million
3. 10/11 NFL MNF – Vikings/JetsÂ ESPN Â 17.3 million
4. 10/4 Â NFL MNF – Patriots/Dolphins Â ESPN Â 13.9 million
5. 10/22 MLB Playoffs – Yankees/Rangers, Gm. 6Â TBS Â Â 11.8 million
6. 10/19 MLB Playoffs – Rangers/Yankees Gm. 4 Â TBS Â Â 9.8 million
7. 10/18Â NFL MNF- Titans/JaguarsÂ Â Â ESPN Â 9.6 million
8. 10/18Â MLB Playoffs- Rangers/Yankees Gm. 3Â TBSÂ 8.2 million
9. 10/15Â MLB Playoffs – Yankees/Rangers Gm. 1Â TBS Â 8.1 million
10. 10/23 Â NBA – Heat/Celtics Â TNT Â 7.3 million
*Period of Sept. 27 to Oct. 31
- TV Newsers Featured in ESPN Film 'SEC Storied'
- James Brown on Anchoring 'CBS Evening News': 'I Forgot How All-Encompassing It Is'
- Stephen A. Smith Doesn't 'Give a Damn' When He's Criticized
- Isaac Lee Praises Fusion's 'Comprehensive, Truly Distinct' World Cup Coverage