Behind the strength of Monday Night Football, ESPN won the monthly ratings race for basic cable networks during the month of October.
The network averaged 3.7 million viewers between Sept. 27 to Oct. 31 according to a Disney-ABC Television Group analysis of Nielsen data.
TBS finished second with 3.2 million viewers and USA was third with 3 million. All three networks lost viewers compared to last year’s numbers.Below are the top 10 most watched basic cable network shows in October:
Most Watched Basic Cable Network Shows In October*
1. 10/25 Â NFL MNF – Giants/Cowboys Â ESPN Â 17.9 million
2. 9/27 Â NFL MNF – Packers/Bears ESPNÂ 17.4 million
3. 10/11 NFL MNF – Vikings/JetsÂ ESPN Â 17.3 million
4. 10/4 Â NFL MNF – Patriots/Dolphins Â ESPN Â 13.9 million
5. 10/22 MLB Playoffs – Yankees/Rangers, Gm. 6Â TBS Â Â 11.8 million
6. 10/19 MLB Playoffs – Rangers/Yankees Gm. 4 Â TBS Â Â 9.8 million
7. 10/18Â NFL MNF- Titans/JaguarsÂ Â Â ESPN Â 9.6 million
8. 10/18Â MLB Playoffs- Rangers/Yankees Gm. 3Â TBSÂ 8.2 million
9. 10/15Â MLB Playoffs – Yankees/Rangers Gm. 1Â TBS Â 8.1 million
10. 10/23 Â NBA – Heat/Celtics Â TNT Â 7.3 million
*Period of Sept. 27 to Oct. 31
- Grabbing ESPN's Alexi Lalas Signals Fox Has 'Big and Bold' Plans for Soccer
- President Obama: 'I Spend Most of My Time Watching ESPN in the Morning'
- Fox Sports’ Jay Glazer, ESPN at War Over Johnny Manziel Scoop
- My First Big Break: Keith Olbermann