The NHL and NBC Sports announced today a unique promotional campaign that integrates Facebook into the Washington Capitals-Pittsburgh Penguins broadcast.
As part of the “Watch And Win” promotion, viewers will have a chance at winning prizes such as a Honda CR-Z sport hybrid coupe, and trips for four to both Universal Orlando Studios and the 2011 NHL All-Star Game. The campaign was developed in partnership with RocketXL, a leading North American social media marketing agency.
Below is how the promotion will work:
- Beginning today, fans register to play by can signing up at www.Facebook.com/NHL and clicking on the “Watch And Win” tab.
- At various times during the 2011 Bridgestone NHL Winter Classic broadcast on NBC, a Facebook message will appear on screen selecting a lucky winner.
- The winner will immediately be called by an NHL representative to answer questions related to the broadcast.
- If the winner answers correctly, he/she wins one of the prizes.
- Here's a Sure Sign of Spring: MLB Network Announces Spring Training Schedule
- Thomas Roberts: If NFL Can Overlook Alleged Murderers, Why Not 'Nice, Clean-Cut Gay Guy'
- CBS Lands NFL Thursday Night Games for 2014 Season
- What Happens When 112 Million People Change the Channel Around the Same Time?