Monday’s Fox News TCA panel featured some already-noted fireworks, but what else?
• The Sun-Sentinel’s Tom Jicha sees a difference in the tone of certain panels: “Compare the hostility of the Fox News Channel press conference this year to one for [Keith] Olbermann last summer. TV writers did everything but wash Olbermann’s feet.” No comment on Olbermann’s salute-heard-round-the-world two years ago at TCA. MSNBC’s 2008 panel takes place early next week.
• Alan Sepinwall of the Newark Star-Ledger admits it wasn’t “a lovefest,” but writes, “It was also far tamer than a comparable session last week for CNN, where reporters tore into the anchors and executives about perceived pro-Obama bias and their focus on the drama of elections rather than the substantive issues.”
• And leave it to Canada to find the funniest exchange from the panel. The Vancouver Sun’s Alex Strachan writes that after new FNC contributor Howard Wolfson finished a lengthy compliment to Rove, Rove reached in his wallet and asked, “Do you take Euros or dollars?”
“Unfortunately,” Wolfson said, “because of the Bush administration, we take Euros now.”
- Greta Van Susteren Slams Stelter's Comments on Layoffs: 'Are You Kidding? That's Cold'
- Liz Claman Sits Down With ‘Haute Living’
- FNC's Sandra Smith Announces Pregnancy
- Greta Van Susteren Defends Ebola Coverage: 'I'm Doing My Job, And So Are the Others'