TVNewser has learned Fox Business Network came within one rating point of CNBC during the two hours leading up to the call of the election for Pres.-elect Obama. The one-year-old network garnered a 0.2 Household rating vs. a 0.3 for CNBC from 9-11pmET.
The Total Viewer average for FBN was 117,000 vs. 411,000 for CNBC during those hours; a 251% advantage for CNBC. More than half of FBN’s audience at 9 & 10 was in the A25-54 demo. FBN can be seen in 42 million homes, while CNBC is available in 97 million homes.
• Earlier: Inside FBN’s First Election Night (TVNewser)
- Anthony Scaramucci Expected to Join FBN as Contributor
- Why Jo Ling Kent Joined FBN: 'I Love Following Stories That are Changing Every Single Day'
- Maria Bartiromo Returns to NYSE for Summer Fridays: 'We Wanted to Kick it Up a Little'
- How Charles Payne Taught Himself About Wall Street