During Howard Kurtz‘ weekly online Q&A on Washingtonpost.com this morning, Kurtz was asked about last week’s highly rated Sean Hannity interview with Gov. Sarah Palin (an issue also discussed during yesterday’s Reliable Sources).
“It was incredibly soft. The friendliest interview I’ve seen since Keith Olbermann sat down with Obama,” wrote Kurtz.
He was also asked if Sen. John McCain will “sit down with Keith Olbermann,” now that Sen. Barack Obama has with Bill O’Reilly: “Ah — don’t hold your breath. McCain has been interviewed a number of times by Chris Matthews, though.”
• Related: The Los Angeles Times’ James Rainey dismissed both Hannity’s interview with Palin and Greta Van Susteren‘s interview with Todd Palin as “infotainment.” Rainey compared Hannity’s sit-down to “the women of ABC’s ‘The View’ [who] wriggled in their seats and giggled gleefully as Obama visited last spring.”
> More: A cable insider questions Rainey’s credibility. “Did Rainey miss Olbermann’s softball interview with Obama or did he just choose to ignore it, unable to critique both sides?”
- Lea Gabrielle Joins Fox News
- Megyn Kelly: Fox News' 'Brightest Star'
- Jana Winter: 'I Hope People Don't Have to Google' State Shield Law Before Reporting
- The Scoreboard: Tuesday, December 10