“That was retribution for the FOX network, broadcast network, running with its regular scheduled programming instead of taking the White House press conference,” he said. “I was warned that it might be considered as part of the overall consideration as to whether or not I’d be called on.”
Garrett thinks more networks may opt out of coverage soon. “The other networks are going to look at the declined public interest, the decline of news value of these events and say, ‘Wait a minute are we becoming a news organization or are we just becoming a megaphone for the White House?’” said Garrett. “I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the other networks peel off following FOX’s lead.”
• Related: FOX’s “Lie To Me” Tops Obama News Conference
Click continued to hear Garrett’s appearance today (via Johnny Dollar)…
- Stephen Colbert Skewers Hannity's Adrian Peterson Defense, Whips Out His Belt
- Ailes Apprentice Program to Kick Off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Shepard Smith Bets 'Every Penny I Will Ever Make at this Network'
- Bill Ayers: Megyn Kelly 'Is Like a Cyborg Constructed in the Basement of Fox News'