At 10amET Glenn Beck‘s 8/28 “Restoring Honor” rally got underway. Here’s how it looked on the cable news channels.
• The rally is being carried live on C-SPAN.
• On MSNBC, reporter/producer Domenico Montanaro reported from the Beck rally on the Lincoln Memorial, while MSNBC contributor Richard Wolffe reported live from Dunbar high school for the Rev. Al Sharpton-led rally.
• Fox News stayed with the #1-rated pre-taped business block of “Bulls & Bears” and “Cavuto on Business”
> Sarah Palin takes to the stage at 10:35amET. CNN carries it live.
> At 11:45, Beck voices over a short piece on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. followed by a short clip from Dr. King from his speech, in the same place, 47 years ago today. Beck: “Today August 28, 2010 we stand here on the same hallowed ground with our heads held high and our hearts open.” Beck had been criticized for holding his rally on the anniversary of the King speech. Beck then introduced King’s neice, Dr. Alveda King who spoke at the rally.
> 12:37 – Beck: “I know that many in this country think that I am a fear-monger. It is not a label that I think applies. I do talk about frightening things. But I don’t think the man who saw the iceberg as the Titanic was about to hit it, said, ‘it’s an iceberg’s is a fear-monger. He was warning the people on the ship.”
• From a tipster: Glenn Beck speech is visible also overseas… Voice of America TV is simulcasting C-SPAN right now and thus carrying it in Europe.
> 1:18pmET: The event, which ends as more revival than rally, concludes. Beck: “America your choice is clear. We can only concentrate on the scars or we can see what is within and what lies just ahead. Make your choice. Set people free. And spread the word. God Bless. Good night.”
- Six of 10 Highest Paid CEOs are in Media
- Courtney Friel Hit On During Live Shot
- Snoop Dogg Might Be One of Larry King's 'Main Men,' but Donald Sterling Isn't
- The Best/Worst Valentine's for TV News Ladies