When you get an email with the subject line ***MANDATORY STAFF MTG.***- 11/23 @ 2PM EST! ***, you might have reason to worry. When you work for “Good Morning America,” it takes on greater significance as the show is about to A) get a new co-anchor and B) get a new manager.
So after that first email went out this afternoon, with this at the end…
*** Please note, this is a mandatory mtg. and your attendance is required! ***
…GMA staffers wondered what this was all about. So EP Tom Cibrowski sent the follow-up email below, which was obtained by TVNewser.
From: Cibrowski, Tom
Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2009 4:52 PM
To: ABCTV GMA ALL
Subject: RE: ***MANDATORY STAFF MTG.***- 11/23 @ 2PM EST! ***
Wow, this sounds intriguing! – Because inquiring minds all want to know, this is for all of us to get together as we ALWAYS do at the end of Sweeps for some pizza and soft drinks, as we get ready to end one year and start another…there will be time to just chat, ask questions and have some laughs. There will be ice cream too.
• Related: Mediaite – Sources Say Stephanopoulos Can’t Keep This Week Gig If He Gets GMA
- Casting Call: Who Should Play George Stephanopoulos in 'Top of the Morning' Movie?
- HLN's Ryan Smith Joins ABC News as Correspondent, Legal Analyst
- Robin Roberts and Josh Elliott Meet the Pope
- Brian Stelter's 'Top of the Morning' Being Developed as a Lifetime Movie