CBS News told us last week that Harry Smith would be doing this morning’s Early Show interview with Eliot Spitzer. Then last night, while watching Sunday Night Football, (Packers won, by the way), we noticed on Maggie Rodriguez‘ Twitter (@earlyshowmaggie), that she’d be doing the interview.
Interviewing former NY Gov Eliott Spitzer tomorrow morning on The Early Show. What do you want to know? (Keep responses clean please)…
Now we know why. Smith may have the swine flu.
In an interview live from his apartment this morning, Smith told Early Show viewers he started feeling achy and feverish over the weekend after a 25-mile bike ride in the rain and dancing all night at a birthday party.
The show’s medial correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton says Smith’s symptoms are associated with swine flu. She praised him for staying home and out of circulation.
• Earlier on TVNewser: Was Rachel Maddow Contagious With Swine Flu While At Work?
- 'CBS This Morning' Surprises Gayle King With Early Birthday Celebration
- Megyn Kelly on White House Christmas Party: 'Boy oh Boy Did I See a Lot of MSNBC Anchors'
- How Scott Pelley Made It to Cuba Just in Time for 'The CBS Evening News'
- Bob Schieffer 'Stunned' Cuba News Wasn't Leaked: 'This is Just a Bombshell'