With speculation that MSNBC’s Chris Matthews might give up his Hardball seat for a Senate seat, Quinnipiac University decided to poll Pennsylvania voters about how Matthews stacks up against Republican Sen. Arlen Specter. Specter plans to seek a sixth term in 2010.
In a head-to-head matchup, Specter leads 41% – 36%. But Matthews leads with Democratic voters, 56% – 24% and Women voters, 41% – 36%. While Specter leads with Independents (by 17%), Men (by 15%), and, of course, GOP voters (by 47%).
• Earlier: Is Chris Matthews Ready to Run for Senate?
- Ronan Farrow Sits Down with Malala Yousafzai
- Ebola Arrives in New York; Cable News Clears the Decks for Rolling Coverage
- Fox News and MSNBC Have the Same Amount of 'Mostly Liberal' Viewers
- Gannett Editorial Accuses Cable News of Catching 'Ebola Bug' and 'Transmitting Fear'