With speculation that MSNBC’s Chris Matthews might give up his Hardball seat for a Senate seat, Quinnipiac University decided to poll Pennsylvania voters about how Matthews stacks up against Republican Sen. Arlen Specter. Specter plans to seek a sixth term in 2010.
In a head-to-head matchup, Specter leads 41% – 36%. But Matthews leads with Democratic voters, 56% – 24% and Women voters, 41% – 36%. While Specter leads with Independents (by 17%), Men (by 15%), and, of course, GOP voters (by 47%).
• Earlier: Is Chris Matthews Ready to Run for Senate?
- Chuck Todd Signs off 'The Daily Rundown,' But Not on 'The Daily Rundown'
- Bill O'Reilly and Howard Kurtz Talk Al Sharpton's Dual Activist, MSNBC Role
- How Cable News Covered Michael Brown's Funeral, Al Sharpton's Eulogy
- Bill Wolff Moves on from MSNBC. Next Stop 'The View'