Garrett, Fox’s senior White House correspondent, described the backstage atmosphere as “very calm, very rational, very relaxed.
“Look, I wasn’t going to litigate whatever it was that was going on between Fox and the White House,” Garrett said. “Whether it was a war or not, I was always a conscientious objector in the conflict.”
White House spokesman Joshua Earnest tells Bauder the administration had no “post-game comment” about Obama’s interview with Garrett — the first time in nearly four months that Fox News has been granted an interview with the president.
Meanwhile, David Letterman‘s Top 10 Highlights of Obama’s Interview with Fox News:
6. Mostly about Shakira’s awesome new “She Wolf” video
5. Interviewer kept referring to “alleged President Obama”
1. Only thing they could agree on is that Glenn Beck is a load
- Fox News Signs Michelle Fields as a Contributor
- After 13 Years, Wedding Photo Left in 9/11 Rubble Returned to Owner on 'Fox & Friends'
- TMZ's Harvey Levin to Fox: You're Telling Me Fox and Others Don't Pay for Great Video?
- How Bill O'Reilly Continues to Support 9/11 Families