TVSpy LostRemote AgencySpy PRNewser FishbowlNY FishbowlDC SocialTimes AllFacebook 10,000 Words GalleyCat UnBeige MediaJobsDaily

More on the Feinberg Controversy

There’s another update in the controversy involving an interview with “pay czar” Kenneth Feinberg and the White House’s alleged attempt to block Fox from the sit-down set up with the pool.

While the AP reported “The White House said Fox had not asked for an interview,” Foxnews.com now reports:

“Of course we requested the interview,” Fox News Senior Vice President Michael Clemente said, responding to reports citing the White House as claiming it had excluded Fox News from a series of interviews Thursday with Kenneth Feinberg set up through the five-network TV pool.

Clemente also said that the White House had acknowledged that an employee at the Treasury Department made a mistake in initially excluding Fox.

Clemente also told Mediaite: “It was a very absolutely clear attempt to leave Fox out.” Update: Mediaite also reported, “CBS News D.C. bureau chief Christopher Isham also serves as the pool chair. He tells Mediaite he convened a conference call and all the bureau chiefs agreed they were not comfortable with excluding one of the members of the pool in a pool interview.” Neither CBS nor Isham has commented further on the call or the nature of the network’s discomfort.

Previously:

White House Refutes Claims It Tried to Block Fox from Feinberg Interview

Networks Refuse Interview After White House Denies Fox

Mediabistro Course

Multimedia Journalism

Multimedia JournalismStarting September 25, learn how to create interactive packages with photos, audio, and video! Taught by a multiplatform journalist, Darragh Worland will teach you how to come up stories that would be best told in a multimedia format, and create original content for that package using photos, slideshows, and short video and audio pieces. Register now!