“CBS This Morning” still trails its morning show competitors by millions of viewers, but it was the only morning newscast to show growth compared to the same week last year.
CTM grew its total viewer audience +14% and its younger viewer audience +8% and closed the gap with NBC’s “Today” show by 388,000 viewers. “Today” has stemmed its losses and was down -1% in viewers and -2% in the demo. “Good Morning America” marked 54 weeks as the most-watched morning show — the longest stretch at No. 1 in more than 21 years. The ABC show was flat year-over-year among total viewers and down -3% in younger viewers.
The averages for the week of August 26:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 5.357M / NBC: 4.439M / CBS: 2.670M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.909M / NBC: 1.782M / CBS: 925K
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of October 20
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of October 13
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of Oct. 6
- Nielsen Releases Revised Evening News Ratings Following Error