NBA Digital recorded 141 million video streams and 401 million page views during the NBA Finals, an increase of 89 percent and 11 percent, respectively vs. last year’s records.
The NBA Finals wraps up an impressive season for NBA Digital, which set the following marks during the 2010-11 NBA season:
- NBA TV featured more live NBA games (96) during the regular season than any other network, and increased distribution to 55.2 million U.S. homes in April 2011.
- NBA.com set all-time records for video streams and page views during the regular season and post season with 8 billion page views an increase of more than 33% and over 2.7 billion video streams, an increase of more than 133%.
- NBA GameTime mobile app downloads delivered a 90% increase across all platforms from last year.
- NBA GameTime, the league’s digital application, is now available on Apple TV, Google TV, Roku, Vizio, LG, iPhone, Android, Blackberry, iPad, Panasonic and Samsung, making it one of the most far-reaching sports applications.
“The Playoffs showed once again that our vast array of products and distribution channels, coupled with the deepest NBA content anywhere, engage fans like never before,” said Bryan Perez, senior vice president and general manager of NBA Digital. “Like the Dallas Mavericks, our record setting numbers were a true team effort, across all our TV, Web, Mobile and Social platforms.”
- Here's a Sure Sign of Spring: MLB Network Announces Spring Training Schedule
- Thomas Roberts: If NFL Can Overlook Alleged Murderers, Why Not 'Nice, Clean-Cut Gay Guy'
- CBS Lands NFL Thursday Night Games for 2014 Season
- What Happens When 112 Million People Change the Channel Around the Same Time?