Soon to be former NBC News political analyst/GOP strategist Mike Murphy told his Twitter followers how he really felt about MSNBC’s election coverage last night:
While Murphy still appears on the networks, specifically on “Meet the Press and “Morning Joe,” he’s no longer a paid NBC analyst. Meanwhile, an MSNBC executive tells TVNewser the network has taken note of Murphy’s Tweet.
• Related: Politico: For election insight, Twitter beats cable
> Update: Just to be clear – Mike Murphy is not an NBC News analyst. When you’re described as an analyst for a network, that means you get paid by that network. So, while the headline reads “NBC News Analyst Trashes MSNBC Coverage,” Murphy is not, let me repeat, not an NBC News analyst. He’s just a guy who shows up on the air now and again. Although, probably a lot less from here on out.
- Scarborough Wonders if MSNBC Will Cover a Christie Exoneration As Much as Charges
- 'The Newsroom' Returns With Storyline Ripped from MSNBC
- Network Coverage Plans for President Obama's ISIS Address
- Joe Scarborough Named NBC News Senior Political Analyst, 'Meet the Press' Contributor