ABC’s “Nightline” hit season highs for the week of December 16, posting its strongest ratings in the A25-54 and A18-49 demographics in six months (since the week of 6/17/13).
“Nightline” placed second for the week, behind NBC’s “Late Night” and ahead of CBS’ “Late Late Show.” Thursday’s broadcast was the night’s top-rated show in total viewers (1.805 million), the A25-54 demo (941,000) and the A18-49 demo (742,000).
Compared to ABC’s performance in the 12:35pm timeslot last year, “Nightline” is up across the board: +9% in total viewers, +20% in A25-54 viewers and +24% in A18-49 viewers.
ABC’s ratings are based on a 25-minute broadcast, while CBS and NBC are based on approximately 50 minutes (prior to the final national commercial break of each program).
- Week of December 16, 2013:
Show Network Total Viewers A25-54 A18-49 Late Night NBC 1.973M 937K 783K Nightline ABC 1.621M 759K 594K Late Late Show CBS 1.510M 614K 527K
- In Exclusive Interview, Stephen Collins Tells Katie Couric He's Not a Pedophile
- Changes at 'Nightline' as Dan Abrams Exits, Byron Pitts Steps In
- Megyn Kelly on White House Christmas Party: 'Boy oh Boy Did I See a Lot of MSNBC Anchors'
- How ABC's Jim Avila Broke the News of the Release of Alan Gross