This morning during Squawk Box, anchors Joe Kernen and Michelle Caruso Cabrera were talking about McDonald’s second quarter earnings. Kernen mentioned how the company went through several CEO and how its stock has gone from a low of around $15 in 2003, to $60 today. But after yesterday’s Home Depot demo, orange aprons and all, Caruso Cabrera wanted us to know the discussion was not an endorsement of McDonald’s.
Caruso Cabrera: The dollar menu…
Kernen: And they’ve done a lot with the healthy stuff, you know…
Caruso Cabrera: It’s the — who goes to McDonald’s for the healthy food?
Kernen: I don’t know. I was there yesterday and I didn’t…I got some fries.
Caruso Cabrera: I ate there yesterday. I got a quarter pounder, no cheese. It’s 400 calories.
Kernen: Alright. Let’s check the markets.
Caruso Cabrera: That was not a product endorsement. No TVNewser. None of that, okay?
Kernen: Oh yeah, oh yeah. That was a brilliant move.
• More: Click continued to see the clip…
- Why Biz Network Ratings Continue to Slide
- The Biz Ticker: Brennan, Survey Says, Bloomberg
- Maria Bartiromo Signs Off: 'After 20+ Amazing Years I Will Be Moving on to My Next Chapter'
- During Her Final CNBC Show, Maria Bartiromo Gets Heartfelt Goodbyes From Colleagues