• On Fox News Chairman and CEO Roger Ailes: “He’s changed media. Everybody does news differently because Roger’s changed the world…Roger early on figured it out and was brilliant.”
• On CNN: “I don’t go along with this idea that CNN has, that somehow they are doing the Lord’s work and we are simply regurgitating what people think.”
• On whether MSNBC could “put on a hard-right show? No. It wouldn’t fit…I want flow.”
• He calls FNC “a big force. You have to be aware of what they’re saying…That’s our goal…I don’t think we have quite the passionate support that Fox does. Some shows do, but as a network we don’t. Our prime time is getting there. But that’s what we want to get.”
- Network Coverage Plans for President Obama's ISIS Address
- Joe Scarborough Named NBC News Senior Political Analyst, 'Meet the Press' Contributor
- What's More Humbling: Hosting Your First 'Meet the Press,' or Watching the Packers Lose?
- August 2014 Ratings: MSNBC Up in Primetime, Down in Total Day During Busy News Month