I love lists, as they’re always a great source of debate. And when a list covers something like the top 100 Twitter sources of “news, information and entertainment from the sports world,” then I stand to be educated as well. Sports Illustrated polled 50 staffers who are hard-cored Twitter users and asked them which feeds they considered essential to their daily routine.
The list is presented in alphabetical order, and is not ranked according to Twitter followers among SI staffers.
Some other things that jump out:
* Albert Breer of the NFL Network, Jay Glazer of Fox Sports and Adam Schefter of ESPN are NFL reporters who made the list. Chris Mortensen of ESPN did not, nor did former SI football reporter Michael Silver, now of Yahoo! Sports.
This is just the Twitter demographics for one sports media company. No doubt a similar poll from CBS Sports or ESPN would look much different.
- James Brown: 'I Challenge the NFL Community and All Men' to Confront Domestic Violence
- With Ray Rice News, James Brown and Scott Pelley Kick-Off Thursday Night Football
- Tim Tebow Joins 'Good Morning America' as Contributor
- Roger Goodell: 'I Don't Know How TMZ or Any Other Website Gets Their Information'