Preliminary numbers are in for the new GMA with co-anchor George Stephanopoulos.
By comparison, the “Today” show drew 5.95 million Total Viewers Monday, (2.88m in the A25-54 demo), a wider total viewer gap than the programs averaged last season.
Adds ABC News spokesman Jeffrey Schneider, “Our strategy has been to cover the news and not be concerned with hype. We are extremely pleased with content of our first two broadcasts and the obvious ease with which Robin, George, Sam and Juju have undertaken this exciting challenge.”
On Thursday, we’ll have the official numbers for Sawyer’s final week on “GMA.”
• Earlier on TVNewser: Early Reviews for the New ‘GMA’
- Web Videos Broaden Scope of TV Newsmags
- Former 'GMA' Anchor Joan Lunden Named Special Correspondent for 'Today' Show
- Roxanna Sherwood Named EP of 'Nightline'
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell: 'These Activities Must be Condemned and Stopped'