Preliminary numbers are in for the new GMA with co-anchor George Stephanopoulos.
By comparison, the “Today” show drew 5.95 million Total Viewers Monday, (2.88m in the A25-54 demo), a wider total viewer gap than the programs averaged last season.
Adds ABC News spokesman Jeffrey Schneider, “Our strategy has been to cover the news and not be concerned with hype. We are extremely pleased with content of our first two broadcasts and the obvious ease with which Robin, George, Sam and Juju have undertaken this exciting challenge.”
On Thursday, we’ll have the official numbers for Sawyer’s final week on “GMA.”
• Earlier on TVNewser: Early Reviews for the New ‘GMA’
- Diane Sawyer Voices New David Muir 'World News Tonight' Promo
- Bill Wolff Named EP of 'The View;' Brian Balthazar Joining ABC Show as co-EP
- ABC Brings 'Tonight' Back to 'World News'
- Diane Sawyer Signs Off 'World News:' 'I'll See You Right Back Here on ABC News, Very Soon'