- Bloomberg TV will debut a new primetime show hosted by Betty Liu, “Titans at the Table,” Thursday night at 9pmET. The show is planned as a quarterly special and will feature interviews with prominent business personalities — over the dinner table. “When you’re interviewing someone on a set, you tend to get canned answers,” Andrew Morse, Bloomberg’s head of U.S. television, tells Yahoo!.
- NBC News has promoted two staffers in the political unit. Mark Murray has been named senior political editor and Domenico Montanaro has been named deputy political editor.
- BBC America is rolling out a “cheeky” new ad campaign to promote programming produced specifically for the channel. (“Even the loudmouth next to you would sound better with a British accent,” one subway poster reads.) The ads bring “a new voice, a new attitude” to BBC America, general manager Perry Simon tells the New York Times.
Posts Tagged ‘Domenico Montanaro’
To say thank you for a great year, we’re offering 15% OFF any boot camp, in-person course, or online course when you use code MBTHANKU. Choose from any of our exciting upcoming courses, from a novel writing class taught by an accomplished author, to an intro course for Excel. Hurry – offer expires 12/24! Browse our upcoming courses.
At 10amET Glenn Beck‘s 8/28 “Restoring Honor” rally got underway. Here’s how it looked on the cable news channels.
• The rally is being carried live on C-SPAN.
• On MSNBC, reporter/producer Domenico Montanaro reported from the Beck rally on the Lincoln Memorial, while MSNBC contributor Richard Wolffe reported live from Dunbar high school for the Rev. Al Sharpton-led rally.
• Fox News stayed with the #1-rated pre-taped business block of “Bulls & Bears” and “Cavuto on Business”
> Sarah Palin takes to the stage at 10:35amET. CNN carries it live.
> At 11:45, Beck voices over a short piece on Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. followed by a short clip from Dr. King from his speech, in the same place, 47 years ago today. Beck: “Today August 28, 2010 we stand here on the same hallowed ground with our heads held high and our hearts open.” Beck had been criticized for holding his rally on the anniversary of the King speech. Beck then introduced King’s neice, Dr. Alveda King who spoke at the rally.
> 12:37 – Beck: “I know that many in this country think that I am a fear-monger. It is not a label that I think applies. I do talk about frightening things. But I don’t think the man who saw the iceberg as the Titanic was about to hit it, said, ‘it’s an iceberg’s is a fear-monger. He was warning the people on the ship.”
• From a tipster: Glenn Beck speech is visible also overseas… Voice of America TV is simulcasting C-SPAN right now and thus carrying it in Europe.
> 1:18pmET: The event, which ends as more revival than rally, concludes. Beck: “America your choice is clear. We can only concentrate on the scars or we can see what is within and what lies just ahead. Make your choice. Set people free. And spread the word. God Bless. Good night.”