- Fusion has tapped Margarita Noriega as its new Director of Social Media. Noriega comes from Reuters, where she was an editor in charge of live events.
- Financial Times media reporter Emily Steel is joining the New York Times as its TV reporter; the beat Brian Stelter covered before hosting CNN’s “Reliable Sources.” Steel is “thrilled about the opportunity,” she wrote on Twitter this morning.
- For the week of May 5, ABC’s “Nightline” finished number one in total viewers for the fourth week in a row. The program drew 1.737 million viewers and 706,000 A25-54 viewers.
- The Friday Ticker: 'Med' Ratings, Rula's Take, Battleground Polls
- The A.M. Ticker: Reporter Missing, New Network, Colbert Stays
- The Afternoon Ticker: Liesman & Obama, Castiglia & CBS, Newt & the Root
- The Morning Ticker: Reporter Explains, 'Meet' Rumors, Kickstart CNN