The New York Times’ David Carr writes about Couric the anchor, in the context of her Conventions webcasts and YouTube channel. “There was no convention bump in the ratings for Ms. Couric, and CBS and she remain a long way from precious bragging rights,” he writes. “But the odd anchor out has been in the middle of things for the last few weeks.”
“It was just much more conducive to the things I think I can do well,” Couric says of the format.
Evening News EP Rick Kaplan agrees. “What sometimes gets lost in all the noise is that she is a superb journalist,” he said. “She will outwork you and outinterview you and that is going to show up handsomely for her. We are in the second act of a three-act movie.”
Carr sums up the reason for the web success: “Ms. Couric is a highly skilled interviewer, and people tend to tell her stuff.”
• Related: CBS compiles a “Best Of” video of the CBS News Conventions webcasts.
- Navy Seal Under Criminal Investigation Following '60 Minutes' Interview
- Sharyl Attkisson: 'I Don’t Trust Them, I Don’t Respect Them, I Can’t Work for Them'
- Morning in Prime: Norah O’Donnell on 'Blue Bloods;’ Al Roker Cut From 'Mysteries'
- Ex-CBS Newser: 'Government-Related Entity' Planted Classified Documents on Computer