Is the 2008 election coverage “new”?
“I’ve been covering campaigns for a lot of years,” said FNC EP of political coverage Marty Ryan. “There was the simple 24-hour news cycle. Now, with 24-hour cable — this is where the game is now — plus the blogs, there are news cycles that don’t even last five minutes.”
Huff cites the addition of multiple outlets, blogs and even Twitter with changing the coverage.
Tom Rosenstiel, head of the Project for Excellence in Journalism, makes the case to be wary of politicians giving press advice. “Their goal is getting elected, not improving the press,” he said.
• Related: What the media was saying after the Palin speech.
- Lisa Myers Agrees With Sharyl Attkisson: Media Less Eager to Hold Obama Admin Accountable
- Glenn Beck: Hillary Clinton Will 'Pay the Price' for Pres. Obama's Treatment of Press
- O'Reilly: 'Shame' That 'American Press Is so Corrupt'
- Has the Charismatic, Authoritative TV News Broadcaster Been Lost?