- HLN’s Robin Meade sang the National Anthem ahead of the NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 last night which was broadcast on FOX. Meade, whose second album comes out early next month, sang The Star-Spangeled Banner a cappella.
- CNN Denver-based All platform journalist/correspondent Jim Spellman is leaving the network and taking a job with CCTV America. Spellman, who has been with CNN for 11 years, will be a Washington-based correspondent the network, which is China’s largest State-run broadcaster.
- CBS News is also adding to its DC bureau. The network has hired Jeff Pegues who has been a correspondent for WABC in New York for the last 10 years. Pegues begins at CBS in July.
- The Morning Ticker: Salmon's Fusion, Facebook's Storyful, Cooper's Pad
- The Ticker: CBS News, Webby Awards, Beck
- The Morning Ticker: Everest Doc, Cooper Stalker, Jennings Move
- The Morning Ticker: Sorkin's Apology, Walters Proclamation, Comcast Opposition