• Howard Kurtz wrote about the comment in the context of Republicans reaction to Gov. Bobby Jindal‘s response speech. “Not very professional,” he wrote of Matthews. “But not very far off from what others — including many conservatives — are saying about the non-SOTU non-response by the governor of Louisiana.”
• The Baltimore Sun’s David Zurawik thought “MSNBC management had banished Matthews and Keith Olbermann from the anchor desk during grown-up political events.” But, he writes, “There was the partisan Democrat Matthews acting stupid and showing off Tuesday — making his little oh-was-the-microphone-open remark and hopelessly contextualizing anything of value that Jindal might have said. (Not that Jindal needed any help in being a train wreck.)”
• And for something entirely different: FNC’s Red Eye ombudsman Andy Levy offered his take on what Matthews meant when he said “oh God.” Click continued to see the clip…
- Rachel Maddow on Ferguson: 'It Doesn't Make Sense'
- Chuck Todd Signs off 'The Daily Rundown,' But Not on 'The Daily Rundown'
- Bill O'Reilly and Howard Kurtz Talk Al Sharpton's Dual Activist, MSNBC Role
- How Cable News Covered Michael Brown's Funeral, Al Sharpton's Eulogy