- CNN’s former head of sales Greg D’Alba has joined WME and IMG as president of global sales and marketing. D’Alba left CNN in March after 28 years with the network. D’Alba will oversee brand partnerships and lead global sales for the sports and media talent agencies.
- An Al-Jazeera journalist who had been on hunger strike for more than four months to protest his detention in Egypt, has been released for health reasons. “I won,” Abdullah Elshamy told those awaiting him outside a police station in Cairo. His family then took him to a hospital.
- CNN Films’ presentation of “41 on 41″ averaged 460,000 total viewers and 167,000 A25-54 viewers Sunday night. The documentary on Pres. George H.W. Bush was #1 in the A25-54 demo and #3 (behind HLN and Fox News) in total viewers.
- The Friday Ticker: 'Med' Ratings, Rula's Take, Battleground Polls
- The A.M. Ticker: Reporter Missing, New Network, Colbert Stays
- The Afternoon Ticker: Liesman & Obama, Castiglia & CBS, Newt & the Root
- The Morning Ticker: Reporter Explains, 'Meet' Rumors, Kickstart CNN