- Nearly a year after a 9.0-magnitude earthquake unleashed a tsunami in northeastern Japan, CNN’s Kyung Lah gets rare access to the Fukushima nuclear plant — still considered to be one of the most hazardous places on the planet. CNN is the only U.S. broadcast network to have access to the plant. Here’s her report.
- CNN is taking a deeper dive into the nationwide gas price hike. Ali Velshi talked about it on “Starting Point.” Managing Editor Mark Whitaker has written this op-ed. And “The Situation Room,” “Out Front” and other CNN shows will devote segments to the issue throughout the week. Also, iReporters are being asked to share what they see in their own towns.
- Lynn Brindell joins CNN Worldwide as SVP of marketing. Brindell will work across all CNN brands leading off-channel and digital marketing efforts. She will report to Janet Rollé, EVP and CMO of CNN Worldwide. In the past, Brindell has worked on marketing efforts at The Weather Channel, Food Network and Lifetime Television.
- Erin Burnett Fact-Checks Israeli Official's Allegations that CNN Coverage is Biased
- Who Makes Fareed Zakaria Nervous?
- The Ticker: Merger, Marquardt, Movie Marathon
- The Friday Ticker: 'Med' Ratings, Rula's Take, Battleground Polls