• FBN anchor Dagen McDowell is profiled by the Richmond Times Dispatch, and talks about her optimism regarding the financial crisis. “Americans are great because they can see the light at the end of the tunnel and will work their way out,” she said. “Ultimately, it’s the people that will turn this nation around.”
McDowell described how working for Fox Business Network allows her to connect with the average American. “If I can help make business interesting in the everyday lives of others,” she said, “I am thankful.”
• The Shelter Island Reporter Carol Galligan profiles MSNBC’s Willie Geist, who talks about the rapport on Morning Joe. “I think it keeps getting better because our chemistry is growing and we get each others sense of humor,” he said. “Each of us brings something different to the mix.”
Geist’s father, CBS News’ Bill Geist, says, “I’ve been in journalism for 35 years and Willie’s met more important people in the last year and a half, people of high level importance.”
- NABJ President Blasts Bill Cosby: 'Black People Happen to Be Reporters'
- Former ‘Friends’ on Sony Email Scandal
- In 2014, Canadian Media Ran 229% More Weather Stories Than Other Countries
- Australian 'Today' Anchor's Same-Suit Stunt Boosts Ratings