FishbowlLA’s Matthew Fleischer spent his Tuesday at the 2012 TV Summit put on by Variety and the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation. The event included Hollywood bigs talking about the present and future of TV … which won’t always be on TV. Some of his takeaway:
- “I do not have CNN’s budget, let’s get that out of the way. But we feel that people are beyond being talked to, they want to be talked with. ” – AOL Studios’ Gabriel Lewis on HuffPost Streaming Network.
- “We’re not dependent on any one show. That’s the place we are and we need to be to be successful.” – HBO’s Michael Lombardo on the cancellation of “Luck”
- In Exclusive Interview, Stephen Collins Tells Katie Couric He's Not a Pedophile
- CNN's #AskACop Trends, Pretty Much Exactly the Way You Could've Predicted
- Everyone is a Newser with NBC News' Stringwire App
- With $800,000 and Two '60 Minutes' Veterans, 'Frontline' Makes Major Investment in Digital