For newsers, the latter part of this week was consumed by the passing of Sen. Edward Kennedy and the subsequent memorials, remembrances, and services in his honor. This is a brief summary of TVNewser’s coverage from the last few days.
- Very early Wednesday morning, ABC News was the first to report that Senator Kennedy passed away, news that quickly spread across the networks while statements were released.
- President Obama delivered a statement later that morning.
- Many of the networks broadcast evening specials on Wednesday.
- The next day, we looked at several different reviews of the Kennedy coverage as networks began to release their Thursday plans.
- The networks covered Kennedy’s motorcade from Hyannis Port to the JFK Library in Boston.
- We examined the ratings for the first days of coverage and found that some specials didn’t do extremely well. We saw that Fox News was the most watched, but the numbers brought other “surprises.”
- We looked at the broadcast and cable network plans for the Saturday services as well as the special coverage plans for Friday night.
More coverage to come.