As a Senator, he was a Sunday morning staple for years. As Vice President, Joe Biden has now appeared on three of the four Sunday morning public affairs shows. But with each appearance, fewer viewers tuned in.
The figures are in millions of Total Viewers & A25-54 viewers:
• 12/28/2008 — ABC’s “This Week” — 3.67m/1.25m
• 01/25/2009 — CBS’s “Face the Nation” — 3.34m/1.21m
• 6/14/2009 — NBC’s “Meet the Press” — 3.10m/1.07m
> Update: A TVNewser reader points out Biden was still VP-elect for his “This Week” appearance in late December.
- Those Surreal Split Screens: Even the President Can't Control This Message
- On Cable, FNC is Most-Watched for Obama Immigration Remarks
- Obama to Heckler: 'I've Been Respectful to You. I Want You to be Respectful to Me'
- As Networks Pass on Immigration Address, Local Stations Produce Special Reports