The cable networks are revealing their plans for Haiti coverage over the weekend. We will continue to update as we learn more.
- MSNBC will have live news coverage from
8amETto 10pmET on Saturday and Sunday. The network will be live again this evening until 1amET with David Shusteranchoring at midnight. (Update: Ed Schultz will anchor the midnight hour tonight and MSNBC live coverage will begin at 7amET this weekend rather than 8amET.
- Geraldo Rivera is heading to Haiti today for Fox News and will be there for both his shows this weekend, including a 2-hour live show at 9pmET on Sunday. FNC’s Business Block will be shifted to 1-3pmET and “Glenn Beck,” “Journal Editorial Report,” and “Fox News Watch” will be preempted for live news coverage on Saturday. Fox is also adding live programming on Sunday afternoon.
- CNN’s Anderson Cooper remains reporting in Haiti into the weekend working on a special titled “Saving Haiti” that will air Saturday evening at 8 and 11pm. Dr. Sanjay Gupta will be live for his recently renamed show, “Sanjay Gupta MD,” at 7:30amET on Saturday and Sunday. Larry King will anchor his program live at 9pmET on both Saturday and Sunday. On Sunday, the earthquake will be the lead topic on “State of the Union,” “Amanpour” and “Fareed Zakaria GPS.”
- Six of 10 Highest Paid CEOs are in Media
- Courtney Friel Hit On During Live Shot
- Snoop Dogg Might Be One of Larry King's 'Main Men,' but Donald Sterling Isn't
- The Best/Worst Valentine's for TV News Ladies