“Good Morning America Saturday” and “CBS Sunday Morning” were the victorious weekend morning shows for the just-completed May sweeps period.
On Saturdays, “GMA” won in both total viewers and the A25-54 demo, winning its fifth consecutive sweep in total viewers and fourth consecutive sweep in the A25-54 demographic. The Saturday edition of “CBS This Morning” also had a strong month, posting its best May sweeps delivery in total viewers since 2006. Compared to the year-ago sweep, “GMA” was the only show to grow in both ratings measurements. “CBS This Morning” was up in total viewers but down in the demo and NBC’s “Today” was down across the board.
On Sundays, “CBS Sunday Morning” reigns supreme as usual, topping the Sunday editions of “Good Morning America” and “Today” in both total viewers and the A25-54 demo. “Good Morning Amerca” was second, posting its largest-ever sweeps margins over “Today” in both ratings measurements.
The numbers are after the jump.
May Sweeps Saturday averages:
- Total Viewers: ABC: 4.05M / NBC: 3.24M / CBS: 1.85M
- A25-54 viewers: ABC: 1.41M / NBC: 1.11M / CBS: 584K
May Sweeps Sunday averages:
- Total Viewers: CBS: 5.87M / ABC: 3.62M / NBC: 3.31M
- A25-54 viewers: CBS: 1.72M / ABC: 1.27M / NBC: 1.02M
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of August 11
- Morning Show Ratings: Week of August 4
- What Time Do the Morning Show Anchors Wake Up?
- 'Reclaiming the Morning Television Crown is Nothing Short of a Mania Inside NBCUniversal'