The LATimes’ Meg James writes about the latest Nightline scoop and what it might mean as ABC considers wooing Jay Leno.
“The company will make the decision based on what’s best for the company,” said ABC News president David Westin. “I am hopeful that ‘Nightline’ will continue to prosper. It’s important for the news division to have the strongest alternative that we possibly can, based on the strength of the work that we are doing and the ratings that we are achieving.”
James writes, “during this year’s intensely competitive news season, ‘Nightline’ has been on a scoop tear.”
• Thursday it ran a story on Michelle Obama.
• Friday it had Bob Woodruff‘s interview with John Edwards.
- ABC Newsers Toast Ben Sherwood
- 'GMA' Rolls Footage From Target Package During Interview With Michael Brown's Mother
- Elizabeth Vargas Returns to Rehab
- 'Morning Joe' and 'Good Morning America' Take the Ice Bucket Challenge