The LATimes’ Meg James writes about the latest Nightline scoop and what it might mean as ABC considers wooing Jay Leno.
“The company will make the decision based on what’s best for the company,” said ABC News president David Westin. “I am hopeful that ‘Nightline’ will continue to prosper. It’s important for the news division to have the strongest alternative that we possibly can, based on the strength of the work that we are doing and the ratings that we are achieving.”
James writes, “during this year’s intensely competitive news season, ‘Nightline’ has been on a scoop tear.”
• Thursday it ran a story on Michelle Obama.
• Friday it had Bob Woodruff‘s interview with John Edwards.
- Center for Public Integrity Responds: 'Unfortunate PR Campaign by ABC News'
- ABC News Asking Center for Public Integrity to Share Pulitzer Prize
- Robin Roberts, Rachel Maddow, Anderson Cooper on the OUT Power 50
- Michael Strahan Joins 'Good Morning America'