CNN’s John King is turning up on other networks, and we’re sure it’s not just because his contract is up in five months.
King got the political interview of the day yesterday when he asked Sen. John McCain whether Sen. Barack Obama was playing the race card because Obama had been telling people at his rallies that Republicans would try to scare voters by pointing out that “he’s not patriotic enough, he’s got a funny name and he doesn’t look like all those other presidents on the dollar bills.”
King got McCain to acknowledge that the accusation is warranted: McCain: “I’m sorry to say that it is. It’s legitimate. And we don’t — there’s no place in this campaign for that.” That quote was enough to land King on the CBS Evening News last night and on MSNBC this morning…as well as CNN, of course.
• Earlier: TVNewser Interview with John King…
- As Time Warner Ends Vice Talks, A&E Plans $250M Stake in Media Company
- Reporter Departs CNN with Pencils, Pads, First Aid Kit and One Regret: 'There Are Far Too Few Redheads on CNN'
- Attorney Wants Retraction of CNN Story
- In 'The News Sorority,' Couric is 'Brash,' Sawyer 'Machiavellian,' Amanpour's 'Moral Superiority'