Several stations air Kimmel’s program an hour later than its scheduled time due to hourlong newscasts: WEAR in Mobile, KIFI in Idaho Falls, KOAT in Albuquerque and KRGV in Welasco, Texas. All of these stations had hour-long newscasts in place before the Kimmel-”Nightline” swap.
- Related, TVNewser: Promising Signs for ‘Nightline’ in New Timeslot
KMBC in Kansas City airs “Jimmy Kimmel Live” at 11:35 pmCT because of existing contracts to show syndicated programming. The station wraps up its 10pmCT newscast at 10:35 and then airs “Two and a Half Men” and “The Big Bang Theory.” KATV in Little Rock also delays the show to 11:05pmCT in favor of sitcom reruns like “According to Jim” and, in the past, “Home Improvement” and “The Drew Carey Show.”
- KTVX Adds Alana Brophy to Weather Team
- Former WCPO Anchor Creates Charity Effort, 'Pass It On'
- Former Houston Anchor Joins Austin's KEYE
- San Diego Investigative Journalist to Retire After 33 Years