The results are in from our poll about newscasters sharing personal information on the air, and so far voters — more than half of you — think that the occasional personal topics are a perfectly acceptable way to fill a few minutes of air time. Here’s the current breakdown:
- 57.95%: Yes. Newscasters shouldn’t shy away from personal topics here and there.
- 42.05%: No. Newscasters should just deliver the news.
Have more to say on the subject? Visit us on Facebook and let us know.
- After Another 'Conan' Segment, WECT ND Calls Identical Scripts 'Embarrassing'
- RTDNA Reminds Newsrooms to Have a Disaster Plan
- WATCH: It's Local in North Korea. UK's Channel 4 Shows North Korean TV News
- Pew: 71% of U.S. Adults Watch Local News