The results are in from our poll about newscasters sharing personal information on the air, and so far voters — more than half of you — think that the occasional personal topics are a perfectly acceptable way to fill a few minutes of air time. Here’s the current breakdown:
- 57.95%: Yes. Newscasters shouldn’t shy away from personal topics here and there.
- 42.05%: No. Newscasters should just deliver the news.
Have more to say on the subject? Visit us on Facebook and let us know.
- Maybe It's Time We All Stopped Touching People's Stuff
- Can Simply Quoting 'Facts Given by Police' be Called 'Reporting'?
- Local News Vet Finds Young Journos Don't Watch Local News: 'This Should Scare Us'
- Station Interns on the Future of Local TV News