The results are in from our poll about newscasters sharing personal information on the air, and so far voters — more than half of you — think that the occasional personal topics are a perfectly acceptable way to fill a few minutes of air time. Here’s the current breakdown:
- 57.95%: Yes. Newscasters shouldn’t shy away from personal topics here and there.
- 42.05%: No. Newscasters should just deliver the news.
Have more to say on the subject? Visit us on Facebook and let us know.
- AT&T Says National Radio Show to Blame for False White House EAS
- FBI Warns TV Anchors and Reporters They May Be Next ISIL Target
- Hey Local News Reporters: Your Bosses Care More About Clicks Than You, or Your Liveshot
- Why the Next Generation of Newsroom Leaders are Studying Video Games