“She has done an outstanding job as Anchor/Producer of our Weekend Newscasts for the past 3 years,” WLNE news director Nic Moye said in a statement. “Her experience and local knowledge are a wonderful addition to the 5 and 5:30 team.”
Posts Tagged ‘WLNE’
Get hands-on social media training for beginners in our online boot camp, Social Media 101. Starting September 4, social media and marketing experts will help you determine the social media sites that matter most to you, based on your personal and professional goals. Hurry, this boot camp starts next week! Register now!
“We are excited to have Alexandra join John for our 6 and 11pm broadcasts,” WLNE news director Nic Moye said in a statement. “Her commitment to the community and exceptional storytelling skills make her the perfect complement to our evening news team.”
Cowley started at WLNE in 2011 as a photojournalist and worked her way to the 5:00 and 5:30 p.m. anchor desk. She previously worked at WCJB in Gainesville, FL as an anchor and reporter.
“When I left WABI, this was exactly the type of step I was looking for,” Coit told the Bangor Daily News. “I never expected to get a job this good. I was lucky enough to land it.
“Matt and Doreen will be a terrific anchor team. Matt has done an excellent job with station Sports Director Ken Bell in creating a powerful sports department for us,” WLNE news director Nic Moye said in a statement. “His local knowledge, enthusiasm, and passion for telling stories about local people will add a lot of value in the morning.”
Blanchette joined WLNE in 2012 as a sports anchor and reporter.
Moye comes from WPMT in Harrisburg, Penn., where she was the assistant news director. She has previously worked at KOLD in Bend, Ore., KCOY-KKFX in Santa Barbara, KRON in San Francisco and KPTV in Portland, Ore.
“Nicole has over 20 years of experience in local broadcast news as a producer and news director. I am confident that she is the ideal person to continue to build on WLNE’s recent success and bring us to the next level in making this station a competitor in the TV market,” vice president and general manager Chris Tzianabos said in a statement.
More from WLNE after the jump. Read more
WLNE Takes ‘Appropriate Internal Action’ After Publishing Story With Factual Errors, Improper Attribution
Providence ABC affiliate WLNE has retracted a story about health violations at local restaurants after the station “mistakenly misconstrued some of the facts” and failed to give a local website credit for its reporting, WLNE general manager Chris Tzianabos tells TVSpy.
GoLocalProv.com reported Friday on restaurants in the Providence area with the highest number of health violations. The piece reported on citations at restaurants across the region and included a slideshow of the top 25 restaurants with the highest number of violations.
In WLNE’s story on the health violations, which included no attribution to GoLocalProv, the station reported “25 of the city’s restaurants have health violations.” For the original article, GoLocalProv inspected data from the past three years and found the number of restaurants with violations was more than twice that. WLNE also reported that a restaurant called Il Fornello had 7 violations, which was the fewest in the region. GoLocalProv said “there were numerous restaurants in the city that had less than 7 violations.”
“GoLocalProv invested time, energy and money to develop a public interest investigative story that reported on the health violations in Providence restaurants. We were extremely careful with reporting the data. ABC6 plagiarized the story,” Josh Fenton, CEO and co-founder of GoLocalProv.com’s parent company, said in a statement. “Even worse, in their haste to rewrite the story, it contained statements that are incorrect.”
The story has been removed from the WLNE website.
“ABC6 posted a story on abc6.com late Friday evening on a Department of Health report on health violations of local restaurants which inappropriately included facts from a GoLocalProv.com article. In addition to failing to give GoLocalProv.com proper credit, ABC6 mistakenly misconstrued some of the facts. We regret our mistake and we have taken appropriate internal action,” Tzianabos told TVSpy.
WLNE vice president and general manager Chris Tzianabos told TVSpy Rockstroh has resigned and will stay on at the station “for a period of time.”
Rockstroh came to WLNE in 2011. Before working at WLNE, Rockstroh was executive producer with Verizon’s FiOS1 News in Rye Brook, NY. He’s also worked at WTIC in Hartford, CT, WKJG in Fort Wayne, IN, KSTP in Minneapolis, MN, KRON and KPIX in San Francisco, CA, and KFMB in San Diego, CA.
Melissa Lawrence has been charged with two counts of felony assault with a dangerous weapon after throwing a rock at WLNE photographer Marc Jackson and siccing her dogs on both Jackson and reporter Abbey Niezgoda.
The two had approached Lawrence to tell her a suspect in the weekend shooting of her daughter had turned himself in. As the reporter and photographer backed off after Lawrence began her assault, Lawrence ran inside her house and grabbed a baseball bat. “Why are you attacking us ma’am?” asked Niezgoda. Lawrence replied, “Get away from me.” She then sicced her two dogs on the crew. The dogs chased Niezgoda, biting her on the arm and following her as she tried escaping down the street.
Watch the video of the incident after the jump. Read more
“Thank you New Mexico for all the memories!” Mahan wrote on Facebook. “Today is bittersweet and I will always treasure my time here.”
No word yet on where she is headed. [h/t NewsBlues]
NEXT PAGE >>