The Baltimore Ravens’ win over the San Francisco 49ers in Super Bowl XLVII earned an average rating/share of 48.1/71, the highest-rated Super Bowl in the metered markets in history.
Ratings were up +1% in the metered markets from last year’s New York Giants vs. New England Patriots Super Bowl. The rating/share peaked at 52.9/75 from 10:30-10:45pmET.
Baltimore was the top-rated market: CBS O&O WJZ posted a rating/share of 59.6/83. New Orleans, the Super Bowl’s host city, came in second, with CBS affiliate WWL at 57.1/77. Notably, CBS-owned KPIX in San Francisco did not make the top 10.
- Related, TVNewser: Super Bowl Ratings: CBS Coverage Down From Last Two Years
See the full list of the top 10 rated in the metered markets after the jump.
Top 10 Rated in the Metered Markets:
1. Baltimore 59.6/83
2. New Orleans 57.1/77
3. Washington, DC 56.9/80
4. Norfolk 55.8/76
5. Dayton 54.6/72
6. Columbus, OH 54.3/73
7. Indianapolis 54.2/76
8. Richmond-Petersburg 53.7/74
9. Milwaukee 53.4/73
10. Jacksonville 53.3/70
- Elle Duncan Joins NESN From WXIA
- Fargo Reporter Faces Another Police Investigation, Claims of Inaccuracy
- Denver Stations Break In to Regular Programming for School Shooting
- Police Investigate Fargo Reporter After Hidden Camera Story About School Security