Shea Allen, investigative reporter for Huntsville, AL, ABC affiliate WAAY, has confirmed with TVSpy she has been fired by the station.
Friday, Allen posted a list confessions to her personal blog “Shea Allen Says…” titled “No Apologies: Confessions of a Red Headed Reporter” listing ten confessions ranging from, “I’ve taken naps in the news car,” and “If you ramble and I deem you unnecessary for my story, I’ll stop recording but let you think otherwise,” to “I’ve stolen mail and then put it back. (maybe).”
She initially took the post down. But later re-posted it and wrote, “This post was taken down because I was momentarily misguided about who I am and what I stand for.” Today, Allen told Andrew Kirell of Mediaite via Twitter she had been “terminated without cause” for the post.
TVSpy has reached out to WAAY for comment. We will update when we hear back.
Here’s Allen’s list of things she revealed on her blog:
1. I’ve gone bra-less during a live broadcast and no one was the wiser.
2. My best sources are the ones who secretly have a crush on me.
3. I am better live when I have no script and no idea what I’m talking about.
4. I’ve mastered the ability to contort my body into a position that makes me appear much skinner in front of the camera than I actually am.
5. I hate the right side of my face.
6. I’m frightened of old people and I refuse to do stories involving them or the places they reside.
7. Happy, fluffy, rainbow stories about good things make me depressed.
8. I’ve taken naps in the news car.
9. If you ramble and I deem you unnecessary for my story, I’ll stop recording but let you think otherwise.
10. I’ve stolen mail and then put it back. (maybe)