• Yahoo! is making subtle adjustments to its logo. It’s out with the registered trademark symbol, suggests a recent Instagram post by CEO Marissa Meyer. “One of our new Yahoo!s Andrew was really bugged by the registered trademark symbol at the end of our logo; he’s gone on a mission removing all the R’s from our site and our campus,” she wrote alongside this photo of an ousted purple ®. “This is one on the random R’s we pulled off a wall ”
• It’s Green Building Week. Do you know where your compost-fed roof garden is? The World Green Building Council has united 90 nations representing more than 20,000 organizations for all sorts of conferences, tours, educational events, and gatherings around this year’s theme: “Green Buildings for Great Communities.” Learn more and find events near you here.
• Who knew that Louise Gray was a Barbie girl? On Monday, the British fashion designer and textile whiz unveiled a spring 2013 collection that “celebrates the modern woman,” including Barbie. This film by Alexandros Pissourios shows Gray’s fresh take on the 59-year-old doll. Synergy alert: Her punky pieces will hit stores just in time for next year’s “Chaos to Couture” Costume Institute exhibition at the Metropolitan Museum of Art.
- Fashion Television's Jeanne Beker Turns Curator for 'Politics of Fashion' Exhibition
- New Architecture Prize Honors Year's Best Public Library: Australia's Craigieburn
- Design Students Compete for World Sneaker Championship Title
- Merrill Elam, Jeanne Gang Among Winners of New 'Women in Architecture' Awards