The 68th season of the National Basketball Association (NBA) kicked off last night with Magic-Pacers, Clippers-Lakers, and Bulls-Heat matchups.
If you take your pro sports with a side of Twitter, you were probably following the #OpeningNight trending hashtag.
But there’s a lot more where that came from. For the lowdown on how to keep up with the 2013-2014 NBA season, keep reading.
- #NBA for real-time game information, general league news, player info and scores
Double bonus: @NBAonTNT has made a Twitter-powered vending machine that will dispense prizes – everything from tickets to T-shirts – when fans tweet with #TNTPRIZE. Look for the vending machines around New York.
- @TwitterSports for the scoop on Twitter-powered NBA initiatives like the two above
- @NBA for news and notes directly from the NBA
- @NBAstats for detailed game analytics
- @ESPNNBA for the equivalent of live game commentary in your Twitter stream
Also be sure to check out NBA Pulse for Twitter-based player social rankings and stats.
How will you make Twitter your court-side seat this season?
(NBA photo by @rondostar / Flickr.)
- Sportsmanias Offers Super Bowl 2nd-Screen Experience With Head-To-Head Twitter Feeds
- A Patriots vs. Broncos NFL Playoff Game Twitter Recap [DATA]
- Tide Teams Up With NFL To Run A Cool "Color Captain" Twitter Campaign
- Postano Lets Universities Live-Screen Social Media Engagement At Sporting Events