Recently, we looked at data from Brandwatch that surveyed 253 top brands in the U.S. and U.K., discovering that two thirds had multiple accounts on Twitter.
Let’s take a closer look at that stat, below.
The following chart from Statista examines the number of brands with multiple, single and zero Twitter accounts, measured over the past three years.
The trend is very clearly towards establishing more than one Twitter account. What types of additional accounts are brands opening?
- Customer service accounts: e.g. @comcastcares
- Deal feeds: e.g. @RadioShackDeals
- Portfolio brand accounts: e.g. @nikesportswear
- Job listings: e.g. @HuffPostJobs
Do you think it’s smart for brands to cultivate several different Twitter followings, or confusing?
- How Much Online Business Is Done Every 30 Seconds? Incredible E-Commerce Statistics! [INFOGRAPHIC]
- Twitter Interns Probably Make More Than You [STATS]
- With 35.6 Million Tweets, Germany's 7-1 #WorldCup Win Over Brazil Sets A New Twitter Record [STATS]
- Twitter Stays Silent During World Cup Penalty Kicks [DATA]