Recently, we looked at data from Brandwatch that surveyed 253 top brands in the U.S. and U.K., discovering that two thirds had multiple accounts on Twitter.
Let’s take a closer look at that stat, below.
The following chart from Statista examines the number of brands with multiple, single and zero Twitter accounts, measured over the past three years.
The trend is very clearly towards establishing more than one Twitter account. What types of additional accounts are brands opening?
- Customer service accounts: e.g. @comcastcares
- Deal feeds: e.g. @RadioShackDeals
- Portfolio brand accounts: e.g. @nikesportswear
- Job listings: e.g. @HuffPostJobs
Do you think it’s smart for brands to cultivate several different Twitter followings, or confusing?
- Twitter Average Ad Rates Declined By 18% In Q4 2013, Down 81% Since Q1 2012 [STATS]
- Tweets About The Oscars Were Seen 3.3 Billion Times Worldwide [STATS]
- The 10 Most Popular People On Twitter [STATS]
- The Oscars Gobbles Up The Walking Dead In Top 10 Nielsen Twitter TV Ratings [CHART]