Back in March we looked at who amongst all of the profiles on Twitter followed the most amount of users, and (somewhat pleasingly) President Barack Obama was leading the way, some distance ahead of number two-placed Whole Foods Market.
Well, things can change pretty quickly on Twitter, and the President is no longer sitting on top of the most-following pile.
Instead, that title now goes to Yoko Ono, who is following 691,936 people on Twitter, a whisker ahead of Obama’s 689,818. Ono has followed an additional 150,000 profiles since March, while Obama has actually unfollowed about thirteen thousand.
The President’s tally is still good enough for second place, but Whole Foods have dropped down two places to number five, behind HootSuite (#3, 606,627) and t-shirt manufacturer Threadless (#4, 577,283).
Here’s your top 10, with the change since our last update in parentheses:
- Yoko Ono (@YokoOno) – 691,336 following
- Barack Obama (@BarackObama) – 689,818 following
- HootSuite (@HootSuite) – 606,627 following
- Threadless (@threadless) – 577,283 following
- Whole Foods Market (@WholeFoods) – 566,224 following
- UK Prime Minister (@Number10gov) – 456,758 following
- Britney Spears (@britneyspears) – 419,173 following
- Lonely Planet (@lonelyplanet) – 402,491 following
- Zappos (@zappos) – 374,747 following
- 10. Jean-Sébastien J. (@Wakooz_RSS) – 373,602 following
- Police In Scotland Received More Than 2,700 Complaints Linked To Twitter And Facebook Last Year
- The Top 10 Most Popular Football Teams On Twitter [STATS]
- Twitter Appoints New Global Media Chief
- Twitter @BurgerKing Hacker Given Four Year Jail Term