Advertising on social media platforms has quickly become a big business – Twitter’s revenue has been projected as high as $1.2 billion for 2016, mostly on the back of ads, and social ad spending across the industry is expected to reach $8 billion by 2015.
This infographic from Flowtown looks at how social advertising is reaching new heights.
- 78% of marketers are using Twitter for social advertising – beaten only by Facebook (93%) but ahead of LinkedIn (44%)
- 85% of the companies polled are currently involved in social advertising
- 60% say that social advertising will be ‘very valuable’ over the next two years
- HootSuite Acquires Social Analytics Leader UberVU
- Lenders Are Mining Your Social Media Profiles To Help Determine Your Credit Score
- Analysts Downgrade Twitter Stock, While CEO Costolo Has No Idea How Many Users Opt Out Of Ads
- Twitter's Ad Revenue Share Expected To Double By 2015 (Still Dwarfed By Facebook) [REPORT]