Did you know that 98 percent of retail brands have a presence on Twitter, and 61 percent use the Tweet button on their product pages?
These are just some of the findings from a new social commerce report from 8th Bridge, which takes a closer look at how today’s retailers are using channels such as Twitter, Facebook and rising star Pinterest to raise brand awareness, boost website footfall and drive sales.
Other key discoveries from the report include:
- 63% of social consumers say that they share product information on Facebook, compared to 25% on Twitter and 22% on Pinterest
- 70 percent of respondents would rather hear about a new product from a Facebook friend, than from a brand; however, 64% said that more Facebook Likes on a product do not increase the likelihood that they will buy that product
- 44% say they are most likely to discover new products on Facebook compared to 21% on Pinterest and 13% on Twitter
- 56% do not share things on social networks to get rewards
8th Bridge have documented their data in the infographic below.
- Jennifer Lawrence, Brad Pitt, Gravity And THAT Selfie - Twitter's Reaction To The Oscars [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The World Of Social Media Monitoring And Analytics [INFOGRAPHIC]
- How To Build Your Digital Audience Across Social Media, Email And Mobile [INFOGRAPHIC]
- The Past, Present And Future Of Social Media [INFOGRAPHIC]