Have most people on Twitter been naughty or nice? You’ll have to ask Santa for that information.
But Hootsuite’s Holiday Command Center can offer insight into how many people are tweeting about the holidays, and their sentiment about the holidays and their shopping experiences.
We’ll accept that as a close second.
HootSuite’s Social Media Holiday Tracker shares what shoppers are saying about the year’s most popular gifts and compares:
- Twitter mentions of the most popular devices, toys and gaming consoles
- Twitter mentions of major retailers
- Amount of people talking about major airlines on Facebook
And it tells you how many of them are sharing those sweet tear-soaked tweets of self-loathing:
It will be interesting to see where that shame meter lands on Christmas day after folks realize how greedy they are.
Hootsuite hopes that “understanding the real-time sentiment of seasonal shoppers will give businesses insight on how their clients are feeling about stores, products and the shopping experience in general.” Though, of course, this is all a clever way to show what a Hootsuite command center could look like for your organization.
Their command centers provide a place for you to manage many activities at once, such as:
- Crisis Management
- Campaign Execution
- Executive Reporting
- Community Engagement
- Market Research
Shameless plug for their product there as it is pretty nifty and we look forward to seeing the “day after” Holiday Tracker sentiment analysis. Don’t you?
(Hootsuite image from Hootsuite Command Center)
- The Best Brand Halloween Content On Twitter
- Memorial Day on Twitter: The Good, the Great and the Tasteless
- This Memorial Day, Put Your Military Hero In The Spotlight With Hashtags4Heroes
- Twitter, Inc. Wishes Your Mom A Happy Mother's Day [VIDEO]