Ever want to unfollow folks just for a little while, until they’re over relentlessly tweeting about whatever obsession has overtaken their stream at the moment?
Well, now you can. Not only can you temporarily unfollow though, you can send them a note telling them why you’re temporarily unfollowing them and alerting them to their new home in the @TwitDoghouse. Or you can just be sneaky about it and not tell them too!
You know who we’re talking about, don’t you? These folks who deserve to be put in the doghouse?
Maybe they’re at a concert or a conference and they’re live-tweeting every sound byte – or they’re promoting something near and dear – or maybe they’re just politically mental and you need an extended break. Regardless of the reason, we have your answer.
Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the doghouse and sign in with your Twitter account
- Follow the steps to add folks to your doghouse (you can view folks currently in your doghouse and release them early, if you wish)
OR you can do it right from Twitter (after you’ve signed up), like this:
You don’t have to send a tweet alerting them to what you’ve done. You can quietly add them to your doghouse from the TwitDoghouse page – but if you want to be all ‘in your face’ about it, send a tweet!
One great way to use it right now would be hiding Olympics spoilers!
How do you plan to use it?
(TwitDoghouse image from TwitDoghouse website)
- For Better Trending Topics, Try Current.ly
- Sunnybrook Hospital To Live Tweet Heart Surgery
- Check Out This Incredible, Amazing, Mind-Blowingly Detailed Map Of The Internet
- CtrlTwit Lets You Control Apps Like Pocket, MeetUp, Instagram Through Your Tweets